- Responding to business initiatives identified in conjunction with firm management
- Overseeing investment priorities, controlling costs and negotiating for necessary resources
- Increasing firm competitive advantage in the marketplace through the astute application of technology
- Mitigating risks of disruptions that impact lawyers, business processes or firm compliance obligations
- Motivating an often diverse IT team of technical, project management, business analysis and subject matter experts
- Executing projects on time and on budget
In the midst of this, you must manage a complex web of software, vendor and consultant relationships (all presenting variable levels of quality, predictability and flexibility).