The financial impact of risk management
Thursday, December 5, 2019
11:30am – 1:30pm
New York City
The financial impact of risk management
Shifting client and market dynamics have prompted firm leadership to urgently re-evaluate how they run their firms to win more business, increase profitability, and improve operational efficiencies. In order to compete, firms must modernize through developing strategies, initiatives, and investments that help keep pace with rapidly changing client demands, market conditions, and new technologies.
On December 5th, Intapp invites you to attend a roundtable where we will preview findings from the industry’s first Professional Services Modernization Index with special guest, Anthony Davis. Over a delicious lunch, we will share what we’ve learned from 250 firm leaders and partners across the globe about the state of modernization in their firms.
The risk-practice topics we will explore include the following:
- A shockingly large number of firms are losing a significant amount of work due to slow client and matter acceptance. How are your risk and compliance processes impacting revenue?
- Firms with a centralized model lost the least amount of work due to slow matter clearance. Is your firm’s operational model affecting your ability to process matters efficiently?
- The Professional Services Modernization Index gives us insight into the current state of modernization among leading firms. Are you behind the curve when it comes to using of technology to support your risk and compliance functions? If so, what are the implications for your firm?
- Modern law firms significantly outpace the competition when it comes to analyzing the strategic opportunity cost of bringing on new work. How does your firm stack up?
- Modern firm leaders are four times more likely to measure profitability all of the time, compared with the rest of law firms. For the work that you do take on, do you know whether it is profitable?
Closing the modernization gap to remain competitive and maximize growth requires change. In fact, 30% of law firm leaders and partners say that they need to make fundamental changes to the risk and compliance function over the next three years. How are you orchestrating effective change management plans? What are the barriers, successes, and lessons learned?
RSVP to save your spot
Thursday, December 5th, from 11:30am – 1:30pm
About the speakers
Anthony Davis is best described as a lawyer’s lawyer. Mr. Davis is a member of the Lawyers for the Profession® practice group and his practice focuses on the laws that govern lawyers. He advises attorneys and law firms on legal professional and ethics issues, law firm creation, merger and dissolution, risk management and loss control.
John Sharkey brings more than 30 years of legal industry experience to his role at Intapp. John co-founded Chase Technologies, Inc., a records management and conflicts software company, in 1990; he led the company as its president for nearly a decade until selling it in 1999. Prior to joining Intapp in 2008, John held sales leadership roles with MDY Advanced Technologies and CA Technologies. John was employee number 40 at Intapp and has helped the company grow over the past 11 years into the industry leader it is today.
70 W 45th St
New York NY 10036
Butter Restaurant has maintained an exclusive niche restaurant scene for stylish Manhattanites since its initial inception on Lafayette St. in 2002. The American restaurant is helmed by Food Network star and Executive Chef Alex Guarnaschelli, who uses greenmarket offerings to create a seasonal menu. Butter began as Guarnaschellis’ first restaurant as executive chef, and she has gone on to create a following for herself worldwide. The dining room at Butter offers a unique atmosphere and decor. Between high arching ceilings- caped with a large format nature scape, cozy booths- perfect for a romantic night out, and an inviting bar, Butter caters to any guest, whether they are seeking either a formal dining experience or one that is more casual.