Managing Litigation Holds
Facing the need to effectively manage litigation holds, law firms are increasingly replacing legacy approaches with structured, managed and automated systems. That's because ad hoc and "manage-by-spreadsheet" hold processes don't always provide suitable audit trails and create significant administrative burdens for risk staff, IT and lawyers. Those burdens include managing notifications, securing documents subject to holds and tracking details in a consistent and defensible manner.
In this session, panelists review litigation hold requirements and methods for implementing effective litigation holds. Topics include:
- Understanding litigation hold requirements
- when to place a litigation hold
- What information is affected
- Managing litigation holds
- Technology solutions
- Crystal Adkins - Associate General Counsel, Holland & Knight
- Dana Moore - Information Governance Compliance Manager, Foley & Lardner
- Mark Lagodinski - Director of Records Management, Sidley Austin
- Brian Lynch - Director, Risk Practice Group, Intapp, Inc.