Baker Botts to deploy OnePlace Risk & Compliance in the cloud
Leading international firm selects Intapp for new business intake and conflicts management; InOutsource to lead implementation
September 25, 2017 RSS
PALO ALTO, Calif. and HOUSTON, Texas, September 25, 2017 – Intapp, a global leader in business applications for professional services firms, today announced that Baker Botts L.L.P. – a leading international law firm of 725 lawyers – has selected the Intapp Open to streamline new business intake and conflicts management. Baker Botts, which ranked 39th in The American Lawyer’s 2017 Am Law 100, has been in operation for 177 years.
The firm has selected InOutsource, a certified Intapp services partner, to conduct a comprehensive analysis of its business intake and conflicts clearance processes, and plan and execute the implementation of the Intapp Open in the cloud. Baker Botts is adopting a cloud-based NBI and conflicts management system after successfully moving its document management system (DMS) to the cloud.
“Cloud applications offer tremendous benefits to our lawyers and staff – agility and mobility, as well as ease of collaboration,” said Rick Boulin, Chief Information Officer, Baker Botts. “With Intapp, we have the opportunity to streamline our NBI and conflicts management processes with the most advanced technology available today, while taking advantage of the security, availability and business continuity offered by the Intapp Secure Cloud.”
The Intapp Secure Cloud is designed and built for secure computing from the ground up, exceeding stringent regulatory requirements while preserving customer control over where data is stored and processed, and how it is accessed. Intapp also conducts regular testing for threats and ongoing monitoring for irregularities to help protect both client and firm data. Firms such as Baker Botts adopting the cloud version of Intapp Open benefit from reliability, performance and the ability to automatically implement software updates and patches as soon as they become available.
Accelerating business acceptance
Intapp Open is the leading application for new business intake and conflicts management for law firms, adopted by more than 200 firms worldwide. By automating workflows and providing key stakeholders with visibility into the client and matter evaluation process, Intapp Open accelerates business acceptance, enhances client service delivery, and informs strategic decision making as firms increasingly turn to their risk and conflicts teams for the insights they are able to provide.
“We constantly challenge our team to look for innovative ways to share knowledge, improve our operating efficiency, and help make our lawyers more productive,” said Tracy Hallenberger, Chief Knowledge Officer, Baker Botts. “Intapp Open will make it much faster for our business intake and conflicts teams to respond to new client/matter requests, and help make more informed decisions about new business opportunities as our firm continues to grow.”
Baker Botts currently uses several Intapp products including Intapp Walls, which it uses to help secure iManage Cloud, as well as Intapp Time for time recording.
About Baker Botts
Baker Botts is an international law firm of approximately 725 lawyers practicing throughout a network of 14 offices around the globe. Based on the firm’s experience and knowledge of its clients’ industries, Baker Botts is recognized as a leading firm in the energy and technology sectors. Throughout the firm’s 177-year history, Baker Botts has provided creative and effective legal solutions for clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit BakerBotts.com.
Industry-leading global consulting firm InOutsource is dedicated to resolving the unique challenges faced by law firms. InOutsource empowers clients to streamline processes and improve performance. The company encourages law firms to transform data assets into actionable insights to uncover opportunity. With a focus on information governance, InOutsource reduces risk and enables clients to leverage information to drive strategy. To learn more about InOutsource and its services, visit www.InOutsource.com.
- Voices Ensuring AI works for you: 3 steps to success
- Law firms and their clients aren't seeing eye to eye on pricing and tech use, a new survey shows. Here's how they can bridge that gap.
- Inaugural Legal Value Network/Blickstein Group Survey Identifies Opportunities for Better Alignment Between Law Firms and Corporate Clients
- Stradling Chooses OnePlace Marketing & Business Development from Intapp as its All-in-One Business Development and CRM Solution
- Fisher Phillips Selects OnePlace Marketing & Business Development to Power Its Connected Firm
- Strategy Sphere Podcast Launches with Stellar Lineup of Professional Services Thought Leaders
- PLMJ Selects Intapp Time and ROOX to Support Strategic Growth
- FTI Consulting Rolls Out Intapp Conflicts Globally to Streamline New Business Acceptance Processes and Increase Profitability
- Intapp and Fireman & Company strike strategic partnership, offering unrivalled knowledge management consultancy
- How Big Law firms like Baker McKenzie and Polsinelli are teaming up with legal tech companies to battle increasing competition in the market