Lane Powell PC centralizes new business acceptance
Lane Powell PC, a multi-specialty law firm, has centralized its conflicts management process with Intapp OnePlace
September 11, 2018 RSS
PALO ALTO and SEATTLE – September 11, 2018 – Intapp, a leading provider of business applications for professional services firms, today announced that Lane Powell PC, a multi-specialty law firm based in the Pacific Northwest, has centralized its conflicts management process with Intapp. The firm reports that most potential conflicts are now cleared in an hour, as opposed to the days – or sometimes weeks – it previously took. Since it started using Intapp solutions, Lane Powell has significantly reduced administrative costs while bolstering its profitability and better enforcing ethical barriers.
With almost 200 lawyers spread across offices in Seattle, Portland and Anchorage, clearing conflicts was a major challenge for Lane Powell. Prior to Intapp the company used Elite for conflicts but found that the technology did not fully support operational or risk requirements. To clear conflicts, attorneys would have to sort through long, poorly formatted paper reports – a time-consuming administrative task as opposed to revenue-generating activity.
“After reviewing conflict clearing and other internal processes, the enormous potential of modernizing and digitizing our approach to new business intake became clear,” said BrittaLisa Gess, Lane Powell’s Conflicts Counsel. “We decided to move to a centralized model for new business acceptance to reduce our exposure to risk and selected Intapp Intake, Intapp Conflicts, and Intapp Walls to power the transformation. The results have been an unmitigated success, with most conflicts now being cleared in an hour, as opposed to the days or weeks that it previously took.”
“Lane Powell was a perfect candidate for our solutions,” commented Thad Jampol, chief product officer at Intapp. “Like many law firms we speak with, their internal conflict management processes were overwhelmingly manual, inefficient and time-consuming. Our platform has helped them to overcome this challenge by leveraging AI and data-driven intelligence to automate their internal processes, not just with conflict clearance but across the entire client life cycle.”
“One of the main reasons we chose Intapp was their deep technical and legal expertise, which was a clear differentiator over other technology vendors,” added Gess. “They’ve seen our challenges many times and know how to overcome them. Using their platform has delivered concrete and measurable results by enabling our lawyers to start billable work faster, reducing administrative costs and keeping our lawyers focused on client service and not clearing conflicts.”
To read more about Lane Powell’s Intapp experience, check out the full case study.
About Lane Powell
Lane Powell PC is a Pacific Northwest law firm with national — and international — reach. Their approximately 200 attorneys are trusted advisors, counsel and advocates for individuals and small and large businesses, including Fortune 50 companies. Since 1875, clients have relied on Lane Powell’s exceptional legal acumen and forward-thinking approach to resolve their most complex business, litigation and regulatory challenges. For more information, visit lanepowell.com
Intapp provides software and services that enable professional services and capital markets firms to thrive in an increasingly competitive marketplace, enhancing their ability to win more business, operate efficiently, manage risk, and drive project and client success. Over 1,100 customers globally, including 96 of the Global 100 law firms, five of the top eight global accounting firms, and more than 400 capital markets and advisory firms, rely on us. We offer Intapp OnePlace — purpose-built for this industry — spanning the entire client life cycle, with solutions for client development, business acceptance and client delivery. Intapp is backed by Temasek and Great Hill Partners. For more information, visit intapp.com
Laura Ruark, 540.599.7886
- Voices Ensuring AI works for you: 3 steps to success
- Law firms and their clients aren't seeing eye to eye on pricing and tech use, a new survey shows. Here's how they can bridge that gap.
- Inaugural Legal Value Network/Blickstein Group Survey Identifies Opportunities for Better Alignment Between Law Firms and Corporate Clients
- Stradling Chooses OnePlace Marketing & Business Development from Intapp as its All-in-One Business Development and CRM Solution
- Fisher Phillips Selects OnePlace Marketing & Business Development to Power Its Connected Firm
- Strategy Sphere Podcast Launches with Stellar Lineup of Professional Services Thought Leaders
- PLMJ Selects Intapp Time and ROOX to Support Strategic Growth
- FTI Consulting Rolls Out Intapp Conflicts Globally to Streamline New Business Acceptance Processes and Increase Profitability
- Intapp and Fireman & Company strike strategic partnership, offering unrivalled knowledge management consultancy
- How Big Law firms like Baker McKenzie and Polsinelli are teaming up with legal tech companies to battle increasing competition in the market