Beating the drum for change
Ralph Baxter talks about his days with Legal rebels, where his profession has been and where he thinks it’s headed.
January 17, 2019 RSS
When Ralph Baxter joined the inaugural class of Legal Rebels in 2009, he was the CEO and chairman of Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe. Just a year into the biggest recession since the Great Depression, he caught the ABA Journal’s attention through his initiatives that took Orrick from a domestic, California-based firm to an international heavyweight while navigating economic turbulence. Since leaving the firm in 2013–after 23 years as chairman–he has gone on to consult with law firms looking to improve their business and service models, sit on the board of LegalZoom and run for the U.S. House of Representatives as a Democrat from West Virginia in 2018. In this episode, he speaks with the ABA Journal’s Jason Tashea about where the profession has been and where he thinks it’s headed.
- Epiq Selects Intapp OnePlace Risk & Compliance to Enhance Client Conflicts Management
- Voices Ensuring AI works for you: 3 steps to success
- Law firms and their clients aren't seeing eye to eye on pricing and tech use, a new survey shows. Here's how they can bridge that gap.
- Inaugural Legal Value Network/Blickstein Group Survey Identifies Opportunities for Better Alignment Between Law Firms and Corporate Clients
- Stradling Chooses OnePlace Marketing & Business Development from Intapp as its All-in-One Business Development and CRM Solution
- Fisher Phillips Selects OnePlace Marketing & Business Development to Power Its Connected Firm
- Strategy Sphere Podcast Launches with Stellar Lineup of Professional Services Thought Leaders
- PLMJ Selects Intapp Time and ROOX to Support Strategic Growth
- FTI Consulting Rolls Out Intapp Conflicts Globally to Streamline New Business Acceptance Processes and Increase Profitability
- Intapp and Fireman & Company strike strategic partnership, offering unrivalled knowledge management consultancy