Time to take a modern approach to business acceptance
December 13, 2019 RSS
Accounting Today (December 13, 2019) – Like many elements of running a successful accounting firm today, the process for evaluating and onboarding new clients can be improved by an order of magnitude with modern technology. Specifically, the solution set a firm uses to manage data has an outsized impact on the speed and effectiveness of its business acceptance process. And improving that process, in turn, has a net-positive effect on the bottom line. After all, the faster and “cleaner” a firm brings on a new client, the sooner it starts realizing revenue.
While this scenario seems like common sense, it’s not the reality for most firms in my experience as someone who oversees the accounting and risk practice area for a professional services technology provider. This is especially true for firms outside of the Big Four and what I call the “Next Four” (though some of them qualify as well) that bring in millions — or even billions — of dollars in revenue yet still rely on legacy technology stacks and manual, inefficient processes to onboard new clients. Taken together, these factors can put a significant drag on firm profitability.
- Voices Ensuring AI works for you: 3 steps to success
- Law firms and their clients aren't seeing eye to eye on pricing and tech use, a new survey shows. Here's how they can bridge that gap.
- Inaugural Legal Value Network/Blickstein Group Survey Identifies Opportunities for Better Alignment Between Law Firms and Corporate Clients
- Stradling Chooses OnePlace Marketing & Business Development from Intapp as its All-in-One Business Development and CRM Solution
- Fisher Phillips Selects OnePlace Marketing & Business Development to Power Its Connected Firm
- Strategy Sphere Podcast Launches with Stellar Lineup of Professional Services Thought Leaders
- PLMJ Selects Intapp Time and ROOX to Support Strategic Growth
- FTI Consulting Rolls Out Intapp Conflicts Globally to Streamline New Business Acceptance Processes and Increase Profitability
- Intapp and Fireman & Company strike strategic partnership, offering unrivalled knowledge management consultancy
- How Big Law firms like Baker McKenzie and Polsinelli are teaming up with legal tech companies to battle increasing competition in the market