Acquisition expands Intapp solutions for the professional and financial services markets
PALO ALTO, CA — August 14, 2018 — Intapp, a leading provider of industry solutions for the $2 trillion global professional services industry, today announced the acquisition of DealCloud, which specializes in CRM and deal management for investment banking and private equity firms. DealCloud’s previous investors include FINTOP Capital, Hamilton Lane (NASDAQ:HLNE) and Cultivation Capital.
This acquisition continues Intapp’s mission to create a vertical industry platform for the professional services sector. By combining innovative Silicon Valley technology with deep sector expertise, Intapp’s platform solves the specialized requirements of the professional and financial services industries in a way that has never been available from traditional horizontal technology providers.
Intapp solutions are purpose-built to address the unique needs of professional services and capital markets firms across the client lifecycle. The solutions are designed to help firms win and grow clients, manage risk and compliance, and deliver services and outcomes more efficiently and profitably.
DealCloud will strengthen Intapp’s financial services presence. Together, Intapp and DealCloud offerings will provide a comprehensive, cloud-based client life cycle platform that will manage all phases of client relationships throughout the professional and financial services transaction ecosystem.
“We are very pleased to join with the DealCloud team to better support an increasingly integrated and collaborative professional and financial services industry,” said John Hall, CEO of Intapp. “There are a lot of moving parts when private equity firms, investment banks, lawyers, accountants, consultants and other advisory professionals work together to manage client transactions, projects and outcomes successfully. Bringing DealCloud’s business development and CRM capabilities under the Intapp umbrella enhances our ability to meet the specific needs of professionals in this unique ecosystem.”
“Today’s leading capital markets firms are supported by a global network of legal, accounting and consulting firms that provide essential professional services to enable deal success. Firms in these industries share the same go-to-market and deal execution process with clients,” said Rick Kushel, CEO of DealCloud. “Working together with Intapp – and being able to leverage its market position and much larger balance sheet – gives us the critical mass we need to see our vision become reality across the entire industry.”
“Intapp’s position as the market leader for the professional services industry, coupled with the work we’ve done at DealCloud in financial services, creates a truly one-of-a-kind company with the ability to transform how deal-making is done,” added Ben Harrison, DealCloud’s co-founder. “Our shared vision convinced us that Intapp is the best home for the DealCloud team and technology.”
Client-Based Industries Have Been Underserved by Horizontal Technologies
According to Kushel, it’s clear that traditional CRMs based on the classic sales department pipeline model haven’t worked in professional services firms. Partners in firms don’t use them because these CRMs don’t match the way they actually develop client relationships.
“DealCloud has created the most innovative, partner-friendly business development platform in the marketplace,” said Dan Tacone, Intapp’s president. “They understand the critical role of professional networking relationships, and the requirement to help partners manage client and individual matters, engagements and projects across a fluid team of deal professionals. When we pair DealCloud with Intapp’s unmatched capabilities in client acceptance, compliance and delivery, we are very excited about the value this combination delivers to our clients.”
DealCloud is a pioneer in M&A software. The company was formed in 2010 by a team of former deal professionals with deep knowledge of the private capital markets, and has been backed by FINTOP Capital, Cultivation Capital and Hamilton Lane (NASDAQ:HLNE). DealCloud is now a global leader in providing deal management, workflow and technology solutions to capital markets firms, including private equity and growth capital firms, sell-side banks, publicly traded companies and debt capital investors. For more information, please visit www.dealcloud.com
Intapp provides software and services that enable professional services and capital markets firms to thrive in an increasingly competitive marketplace, enhancing their ability to win more business, operate efficiently, manage risk and drive project and client success. More than 1,100 customers globally, including 92 of the Global 100 law firms, five of the top eight global accounting firms, and more than 400 capital markets and advisory firms, rely on us. We offer solutions purpose-built for these industries, spanning the entire client lifecycle, with solutions for client development, business acceptance and client delivery. Intapp is backed by Temasek and Great Hill Partners. For more information, visit intapp.com
Laura Ruark 540.599.7886
- DealCloud wins 2023 CRM Excellence Award from TMC
- Intapp partners with BoardEx to accelerate business development efforts with actionable relationship intelligence
- Asana Partners selects DealCloud for deal, pipeline, and relationship management
- Law360 - Data-driven insights are key to attracting today's clients
- LegalTech News - Preparing to integrate machine learning and AI into pricing, billing and invoicing
- The Drawdown - Intapp acquires Paragon Data Labs
- LegalTech News - Intapp acquires employee compliance software provider Paragon Data Labs enhancing risk management offering
- Mergers & Acquisitions - Intapp buys Paragon Data Labs
- Intapp acquires Paragon Data Labs
- Seamless deal-to-portfolio analysis now available in DealCloud platform through new partnership with Untap
- Benesch selects Intapp to strengthen client relationship management
- Practus selects Intapp to deliver risk and compliance solutions in the cloud
- Legal Management - Has knowledge management's moment finally arrived?
- DealCloud wins Best Deal Origination Technology and Best Secure Workflow Management Provider at the 2023 Private Equity Wire European Awards
- Law360 Pulse - Early 2023 mergers indicate mid-law interest in combos
- Legal IT Insider - Intapp to drop the OnePlace brand as DealCloud goes from strength to strength
- DealCloud selected by GlobeSt Real Estate Forum as a top influencer in commercial real estate technology
- New York Law Journal - Why savvy law firms are prioritizing risk-aware business development
- GlobeSt - Tech influencers
- Corporate Compliance Insights - Growing pains: mid-sized auditing firms are seeing an influx of new clients, but at what cost?
- LegalTech News - Legal tech's predictions for privacy in 2023